Scheduling meetings and appointments using your Outlook calendar can help eliminate the frustrating back and forth associated with coordinating availability. The scheduling assistant shows your overlapping free times in order to quickly decide on an appropriate meeting.
Below are the steps to use the Scheduling Assistant for Outlook on a web browser. This widget is most effective when you first fill in the times you are busy (i.e. entering times you are in class/work).
- Log into your Office 365 account.
- Go to the calendar app. Do this by using the search bar or by clicking the left upper hand square icon.
- Navigate to the New dropdown menu and select Poll for a time to meet.
- Invite members under People.
- Select times you are available under Schedule or Meeting Times. The times you select will be visible to the invitees. You can change the length of the meeting (ranging from 15 minutes to 2 hours).
- You can add a note and customize the meeting location and reminders
Once you press Send, the invitees will be able to choose the meeting times that work with their schedules. Once all invitees submit their meeting requests, the Scheduling Assistant will automatically generate an email indicating you and all the invitees of the agreed upon time.