The Stata statistics program can be installed by any faculty member on their office or research lab computers. The steps below are for Windows users.
Note: To install Stata on your Windows computer, you must be:
- On campus connected to the Davidson network via a wired network connection; or,
- On campus connected to the DavidsonSecure or eduroam wireless networks; or,
- Off campus connected to the Davidson network via VPN.
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the Windows desktop.
- Type software center and Windows will automatically begin searching your hard drive.
- In the search results, click on the Software Center app.
- In the left panel, click on Applications.
- Click on the large Stata/IC icon to launch the installation.
- Click on the Install button.
- Click on the OK button to clear the message regarding Stata/IC licensing.
- Click on the OK button once the installation is complete.
You will also need license information from Technology & Innovation. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information.