Occasionally, email messages will not appear in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for the Mac. This is usually due to filters inadvertently still in place.
Restore normal filter settings
Turn off all filters
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016 on the Mac.
- Click on tiny down arrow just to the right of the Filter Email toolbar icon.
- Select Clear All Filters from the resulting drop-down list.
Reset the By: settings
- Just below the Outlook toolbar (and just above the messages), click on the
By: Date Received drop-down list box. Note: It might also read By: Conversations.
- Select Restore to Defaults at the bottom of the drop-down list box.
- Click on the This and All Subfolders button.