If you are the owner of a global distribution list, you have permission to add/remove members. The steps below describe how to manage the group membership on a Windows computer. If you are on a Mac and need to modify the membership of a group you own, contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create a shortcut on your Windows desktop
- Create a shortcut on your desktop that points to the utility by right-clicking anywhere on your desktop, pointing to New and selecting Shortcut.
- In the Type the location of the item field, type the following (do not copy and paste):
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe dsquery.dll OpenQueryWindow
- Click the Next button.
- On the Create Shortcut dialog box, type in a name for the shortcut -- such as Manage Groups -- and click on the Finish button.
Add or remove members from the distribution list
- Double-click on the shortcut you just created.
- In the Find Users, Contacts and Groups dialog box, type the name of the group for which you are searching and click the Find Now button.
- In the Search results, double-click on the group to open it.
- Click on the Add... or Remove buttons to manage the membership of the group.
It can take up to an hour for your membership changes to propagate. Please wait at least an hour after making changes before sending email to your updated distribution list.