In some buildings on campus -- and in some departments -- the College has deployed large shared Xerox printer/copiers that are accessed via PawPrint. Here's how they work:
- Print from your office computer.
- Swipe your CatCard at one of the PawPrint-enabled printers. (Note: FacStaff PawPrint printers are not the same as student PawPrint printers.)
- Select which of your documents you want to print from the PawPrint touch screen.
- Retrieve your document(s) from the printer.
The steps below describe the process for installing the PawPrint drivers on your computer.
Install the PawPrint printer driver
Click on the Spotlight icon (tiny magnifying glass) in the upper right corner of your screen.
In the Search field, type Self Service and press the enter key.
Click on the tiny INSTALL button under the PawPrint for Employees icon. On the next dialog box, press the INSTALL button again.
Once installation is complete, you may need to reboot before printing.
Set FacStaff_PawPrinters as your default printer (optional)
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner and select System Preferences...
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon in the second row.
- In the lower right corner of the Printers & Scanners dialog box, click on the Default printer drop-down list box and select FacStaff_PawPrinters
- Close all open dialog boxes.
Set the printer defaults for 2-Sided Printing and Color/BW
- Open Microsoft Word (or any app from which you typically print) and select File > Print.
- In the Printer drop-down list box, select FacStaff_PawPrinters.
- On the Copies & Pages drop-down list box and select Xerox Features.
- You can now see some of the default print options, including 2-sided printing. If you want to change this default, click on the 2-Sided Printing drop-down list box and select 1-Sided Print.
- Click on the Paper/Output drop-down list box and select Color Options
- You can now see the default color option is Automatic Color. If you want to change this default to BW, click on the Black and White radio button.
- Once you have changed any of the default settings, you must save your default settings as a "preset." To do this, click on the Presets drop-down list box (near the top of the dialog box) and select Save Current Settings As Preset...
- Enter an appropriate name for your preset (e.g. PawPrint 2-Sided BW) and click on the OK button.