One of the advantages of Dropbox is the ease with which you can create and then share folders with your colleagues. Dropbox is the preferred platform for storing and sharing departmental files.
Create a new folder in Dropbox
- Log into your cloud-based Dropbox account. There are multiple ways to do this, but here is one:
- Open a browser and navigate to https://www.dropbox.com/login
- On the Login screen, type in your full Davidson email address but do NOT enter your password.
Within seconds, Dropbox should recognize your Davidson email address and the password field should disappear. Click on the Continue button.
- On the Davidson single sign-on (SSO) screen, click on sso.davidson.edu and enter your Davidson email address and password. Click on the Sign in button to proceed.
- Once you are logged into your cloud-based Dropbox account, you can create a new folder by clicking on the New folder menu option in the upper right corner.
- Dropbox will instantly create the new folder in your folder list, waiting for you to enter a name. Type in the name for the new folder and press the Enter key.
- The new folder will now be created. Dropbox automatically sorts your folder alphabetically so you should see the new folder in the appropriate location in your folder list.
Share the new folder with your colleagues
There is a separate article about sharing Dropbox folders and files here:
Share folders and files in Dropbox