Everything you need to know about poster printing is available on the following website:
The "Frequently Asked Questions" section is particularly useful here:
A summary of the process is presented below.
How does the poster printing process work?
Create your poster
- Open the poster printing website at http://posters.davidson.edu
- Read the poster creation guidelines, particularly those in the Design tab.
- Create your poster in PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Submit your poster printing request through the online poster submission portal at http://posters.davidson.edu/submit/
- The portal automatically sends your request to an offsite print shop.
- The portal will send you an email notification with your pick up date and order number.
- Within eight business hours of your request, the offsite print shop prints the poster according to your specifications.
- Once printed, the print shop rolls the poster lengthwise, rubber bands it in the middle, and tags the poster with your name and info.
Pick up your poster
- On Tuesdays by 3 p.m. and Thursdays by 3 p.m., the print shop loads your poster in a truck and drives to Davidson.
- The driver places all posters in a big brown wooden box adjacent to the Post Office in Alvarez-Knobloch Center, ensuring that poster tags are clearly visible.
- Someone from the Union Post Office checks the delivered posters into our online system.
COMING SOON: An automated system sends a delivery notification to you.
- You pick up your poster.
- Business Services pays our print shop and charges you for your poster with the billing information you provided.