Run all software updates
- Settings > General > Software Update
Log out of all existing Apple accounts
- Log out of iCloud with Settings > iCloud > scroll to the bottom > Sign Out
- Log out of iTunes, iBooks and App Store with Settings > iTunes & App Store > click on current account > Sign Out
- Once you have logged out of all Apple accounts, reset the iPad with Settings > General > scroll to the bottom > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase > Erase
Troubleshooting: How to remove an iPad iCloud account via iCloud on the web
These steps are only for iPads on which you have used your own Apple ID.
- On your computer, open www.icloud.com from your browser of choice
- Log into iCloud with your Apple ID and password
- Click on the Find iPhone icon
- Click on the All Devices drop-down list along the top of your screen.