Dropbox is the standard cloud-storage solution at Davidson. That said, Google Drive (with associated Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides) is also available for your use. The steps below describe the process of sign into up your Davidson Google Drive account.
Sign into your Davidson Google Drive account
- Open a browser and navigate to https://drive.google.com
- If available, click on the blue Go to Google Drive button.
- At this point, one of two things will happen.
- Either you will be prompted to sign in, or;
- Google will automatically log you in with an existing account. Assuming the latter, click on the circle in the upper right corner of the browser window and then click on the Sign out button on the resulting drop-down menu.
- Back on the Sign in screen, there are again two things you might see:
- Either you will be prompted to enter an email address, or;
- Google will prompt you for a password on an existing email address. If this is the case, click on the down arrow to the right of the default email address and select Use another account.
- On the Sign in screen, type in your Davidson email address and click on the NEXT button.
- You should now see the Davidson single sign-on (SSO) screen. Click on sso.davidson.edu and enter your Davidson email address and password. Click on the Sign in button to proceed.
- You should now see your Google Drive folder "in the cloud;" that is, on the Google website.