Davidson has a site license with PerkinElmer Informatics, the publisher of ChemDraw. Through this license, Davidson faculty, staff and students can download and install the latest version of ChemDraw for both Windows and Mac.
This process changed in Spring 2018. The new process is detailed below.
Register with the PerkinElmer website
- Open a browser and navigate to:
- Create an account and click on the Register button. Make sure you use your Davidson College email address.
- Once your account has been created, you will receive an email from PerkinElmer to create a password for your account. Please be patient as there could be up to an hour delay before you receive the email.
- To log into the site, open a browser and navigate to:
- Enter your new Login ID and password and click on the Login button.
Download the ChemDraw 17 installation file
- Once you log into your new PerkinElmer account, you should see the Product Information screen for the ChemDraw Prime product. In the Latest Version tab, click on the link to download the most current version of the installation file.
Look up the ChemDraw 17 activation code
- From the PerkinElmer Product Information web page, click on the Order History tab in the navigation pane to the left of the screen.
- On the Order History page, click on the most recent order number in the list.
- On the Order Detail page, note the required activation code to the far right of the screen. This is the code you will need to activate ChemDraw 17.
Install the ChemDraw 17 software
- Double-click on the ChemDraw 17 installation file downloaded earlier. As of May 2018, the installation file is named cdpm17.1.exe
- On the ChemDraw Prime dialog box, click on the Install Software link.
- The Welcome to the ChemDraw Prime 17.x Wizard dialog box will display, followed by the PerkinElmer Software Activation dialog. Enter your Name, Organization, Email and Activation Code and then click on the Activate button.
- On the You have successfully activated ChemDraw Prime dialog box,click on the OK button.
- Back on the Welcome to the ChemDraw Prime 17.x Wizard dialog box, click on the Next button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the PerkinElmer License Agreement, click on the I accept the terms in this license agreement radio button, then click on the Next button.
- Click on Next button.
- Click on Next button again.
- Click on the Install button.