Install IBM SPSS for Windows on your office or lab computer - Faculty
IBM's SPSS statistics program can be installed by a faculty member on their office or research lab computers. The steps below are for Windows users.
Note: To install SPSS on your Windows computer, you must be:
- On campus connected to the Davidson network via a wired network connection; or,
- On campus connected to the DavidsonSecure or eduroam wireless networks; or,
- Off campus connected to the Davidson network via VPN.
- Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the Windows desktop.
- Search for and then launch the Software Center application.
- In the left panel, click on Applications.
- Click on the large SPSS Statistics icon to launch the installation.
- Click on the Install button.
- Click on the OK button to verify that you are using SPSS for teaching and academic research only. At Davidson, SPSS is not licensed for administrative or operational use.
- Once installation is complete, it is recommended that you restart your computer.